Anonymous asked: Why are many piercers hesitant to post their prices online?
Because just saying a piercing costs $X doesn’t fully explain what you get for your money. Let’s break it down.
- Has a medical grade autoclave that cost thousands of dollars. And they pay hundreds of dollars to have it tested and monitored to make sure it works correctly.
- Attends training conferences and/or completed a quality apprenticeship to be sure you are getting pierced safely. Understands anatomy, cross contamination, sterilization, aftercare, and troubleshooting.
- Uses only high quality jewelry to be sure you won’t have an allergic reaction to cheap materials. Takes the time to explain your options and gets you the best possible fit for your anatomy and lifestyle.
- Performs your piercing with a quality technique to be sure you have a healthy and happy piercing. Understands the theories behind the piercing you selected, and knows how to explain the aftercare best suited for it.
- Charges $75 for their services
- Bought 100 belly barbells out of the back of a magazine. Not sure what its made of or who made it, but hey its cheap.
- Totally “certified”, not sure by who. Can’t verify any training, you don’t see any training certificates anywhere. Asked how long they’ve been piercing and they said “years”. A tattooer friend showed them everything they need to know.
- Didn’t tell you how to clean it, but that’s ok. You already have peroxide at home. When you called with a problem they told you its probably just infected, and to just put some ointment on it.
- The clamps hurt pretty bad, and it bled a lot. Its pretty straight though, if you look at it just the right way.
- Only charges $30!! What a deal!
See where I’m getting at? When you ask someone how much a piercing costs online you’re not comparing something static like the same shoe at different stores. I don’t like to answer price questions online because its part of a greater conversation. So how about instead of asking how much something costs, you ask what you get for your money.
uandmethreex asked: I'm looking in my area to find a reputable piercer. The shop I go to get tattooed- The Dead Presidents Lounge- just got a piercing guy. His name is Will VonDoome. He's APP certified and they have a blurb describing him and his practice and everything sounds really good, but I was wondering if maybe you as a piercer knew anything about him and if he's actually any good or a trust worthy choice? Sorry to nag, just rather be safe than sorry.
I fucking love mrvondoome!!!!! you should totally go get pierced by him and send him my love because I won’t be seeing him for 6 more weeks.
And please don’t ever feel like a “nag” when looking for the best of the best!
Aw Tyler ! I miss you too. @uandmethreex are more then welcome to come in and talk to me, view my portfolio and see my work space. I would rather you come in and feel comfortable/trust me before we do any piercing in general. I hope to see you soon and Tyler! I will see you in six weeks buddy! Maybe this year we can drink sodas by the pool?
This thumbs up is for the handsome @djnicklrules and @dorjeadornments Congrats to them on their 8th anniversary! Besides being one of the most amazing people i know, he has helped me craft and start my own business. So please if your in the Rochester area, stop in and see them and wish them congrats! #loveandlight #daperpiercers #bowtiesandprofessionalpiercings